Cassie and Chris 2016

Cassie and Chris 2016

Our Story

It all started in a seminary class in high school, with a "mop-headed boy" and a dancer/singer who sat behind him. As only friends in high school, and then reuniting after Christopher's mission, we were married in the LDS temple in Manti, Utah, and have now been married for over 7 years.

On January 16, 2013, Cassie was diagnosed with a stroke. As a result, many of our dreams and goals were delayed. But we were not to be deterred. Chris graduated in 2014 and currently works at Imagine Learning, and Cassie graduated in 2016 and now volunteers at the hospital while maintaining the apartment.

As we now commence on our journey to adopt, please spread the word! Comments are welcome as expressions of love and support. Most important is the faith and prayers offered in our behalf. So we invite you to share in our journey, as we look back in time to the beginning of the emergency and then update you to the joys and trials we face together. This is our story.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Weekly Record – May 21-May 28, 2013

May 21
I have grown fond of growing flowers! Petunia, snapdragon, forget-me-nots, geraniums and other plants! They are cheery, happy and bright! I put them in front of my door; they are the first things I see when I open my door!

May 23

My mom and had a talk about Benadryl. I was getting upset because I had the case of the itches. But she was right and I was wrong. I had gotten addicted to Benadryl, or I think I had. I am about to start trying to kick Benadryl out of my life, because I don't have time for that crap. I was thinking of getting stronger and I don't have time!

May 24
I had a good night sleep with nothing! No drugs or Benadryl!  I was washing myself and I got of the tub and I bent over and my right leg looked stronger.

May 25
It was a normal day! My mom and I cleaned up the house; before that we did stretches and push-ups. We vacuumed, swept, mopped, dusted and watered my plants. We ate lunch and Chris came home and then I napped for an hour.  We went to grandma Johnson's old house and then went to his parents house and went to our house. Night!

May 26
Mady and Jordan were at my family's house; we had a really great time. After we had embraced and we dried our tears, we talked about my recovery and Botox and my foot and my hair.  Then we started to talk about Ethan; he is so tall!

May 27
We went to the movie theater to see Star Trek and I thought it was good .  We went to rehab where grandma Johnson is going to stay.  We stay with her she had a stroke its not as bad as it could be. We went back to our house and slept.  With Nanny and Gramps we played Mexican train and I won it all.

May 28
We went to Dr. Call's and we heard a lot of stuff. We watched a funny movie with my ward!


May 29
I prayed to be humble but I didn't get it because things keep happening to me. I have an earache that won't go away.

May 30
I had a really hard night. But it turned out alright. My plants and my no bake cookies turned out ok! We had waffles tonight! I realized my discernment came from the Holy Ghost it is like having a feeling and I don't know what it is for!

May 31
My earache has gone away as long as I put eardrops in. My right toe is showing signs of an ingrown toenail.

June 3
We went on a walk in Kiwanis Park with my mom and my husband and his parents. Afterwards we gathered and they gave a gift! I talked to Kevin Call and  I asked him to write a letter.  Then we went to mom, dad in laws house and we played Mexican train! Today we walk a whole block!!

No comments:

Post a Comment