Cassie and Chris 2016

Cassie and Chris 2016

Our Story

It all started in a seminary class in high school, with a "mop-headed boy" and a dancer/singer who sat behind him. As only friends in high school, and then reuniting after Christopher's mission, we were married in the LDS temple in Manti, Utah, and have now been married for over 7 years.

On January 16, 2013, Cassie was diagnosed with a stroke. As a result, many of our dreams and goals were delayed. But we were not to be deterred. Chris graduated in 2014 and currently works at Imagine Learning, and Cassie graduated in 2016 and now volunteers at the hospital while maintaining the apartment.

As we now commence on our journey to adopt, please spread the word! Comments are welcome as expressions of love and support. Most important is the faith and prayers offered in our behalf. So we invite you to share in our journey, as we look back in time to the beginning of the emergency and then update you to the joys and trials we face together. This is our story.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Good Start + A Rough Ending

A few days ago I was able to once again take advantage of the Bioness devices.  I went through OT and Speech as normal, then had a break for a couple hours before returning to PT.  It took a really long time, but it worked so well.  With these devices I can walk without my braces and I am able to move more normally.  These devices are what we are shooting to get.  Here is an example of how it helps me to move.  This video, although the device remains on my leg, goes on and off at certain selected points.  So sometimes I'm moving under my own power.


Later that night I joined my husband with some of our neighbors at a fire pit.  It was fun, and it's nice to be with people.  I didn't say anything though.  I feel like I have so much to say but no one is there to talk to me. If there was four people, including myself, they could understand me and listen to me, and I would be able to converse.

Yesterday, my Grandma Condit passed away around 12 noon.  I feel sad and then I feel happy for her because she is free!  Free from all of it.  My grandma was not her normal self for the last 3 years of her life.  Now she is free from her aches, dementia, arthritis and all of her worldly cares.  Now she can go on!


No comments:

Post a Comment