Cassie and Chris 2016

Cassie and Chris 2016

Our Story

It all started in a seminary class in high school, with a "mop-headed boy" and a dancer/singer who sat behind him. As only friends in high school, and then reuniting after Christopher's mission, we were married in the LDS temple in Manti, Utah, and have now been married for over 7 years.

On January 16, 2013, Cassie was diagnosed with a stroke. As a result, many of our dreams and goals were delayed. But we were not to be deterred. Chris graduated in 2014 and currently works at Imagine Learning, and Cassie graduated in 2016 and now volunteers at the hospital while maintaining the apartment.

As we now commence on our journey to adopt, please spread the word! Comments are welcome as expressions of love and support. Most important is the faith and prayers offered in our behalf. So we invite you to share in our journey, as we look back in time to the beginning of the emergency and then update you to the joys and trials we face together. This is our story.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Getting that pesky driver's license back ...

I am working to get my license back. I've had a few weeks worth of practice. At first I was nervous but I've become more comfortable with it. I even got some accessibility devices: a spinning knob for the steering wheel and a floor device that uses the accelerator, but through a left-foot pedal. We are looking for a new car, and it seems like we've looked at a million. Nothing has really seemed to come through. I don't feel like we are being too picky either - none of the vehicles have settled well with us.

I did take my driving test on Wednesday. I thought I did really well. Unfortunately I did not pass. It was not too far beyond the passing range, but I was super annoyed and disappointed! I thought I had done quite well and demonstrated what I had practiced. I failed because the instructor said I had too many "bad habits." Chris told me that I need to be ridiculous and exaggerate behavior while driving, signaling and doing head checks in places that most people do not while actually driving in the real world. So I will have to practice some more for my next driving test!

UPDATE! I succeeded in getting my license back! It will be nice to have a sense of independence again.


1 comment: